Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year's Eve ready nails using Neutrogena Hand Cream.



Let me start out by saying I got to try Neutrogena hand cream because I got it free from BzzAgent.  My opinions are solely my own honest opinions.

This isn't really a review of Neutrogena hand cream it's just an awesome product that is helping my hands look and feel their best in the harsh weather of winter. What this really is, is a simple how to guide on getting great looking nails that will be a perfect accent to your New Year's Eve party outfit using...aha!...an accent nail.

Step One-
  Gather your tools. No one likes having to hunt something down and potentially ruining all the hard work you've put into your manicure so far.
  You need two complimentary nail polishes or a polish and a glitter top coat.  I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Celeb City and Stroke of Brilliance by Essie.
You also need a cuticle stick, an emory board, a top coat and of course your hand cream of choice, which in this case is Neutrogena.  You may also need paper towels or tissues and nail polish remover if you don't have the most steady hand when painting your nails,which I do not so I make great use of my cleaning up tools.

Step Two
  Assuming your hands are clean and free of your last manicure you'll want to gently push back your cuticles using the slanted side of your cuticle stick.  I don't want anyone stabbing themselves then saying...Melissa told me to...no I didn't.  Then after you've moved the cuticles away so you have an even nail, you'll want to file the ends of your nails so they are smooth and will look nicer.

Step Three
  Yay painting!  Take your primary polish, the polish you want on all of your nails, and paint a thin even coat over your nails, let it dry and repeat.
  Since I'm using a glitter accent this is the step I used. If you are using two complimentary polishes then paint every nail except your ring fingers with your primary polish. Paint your ring fingers with the second polish. Then skip to step five.

Step Four
  Take your glitter polish and paint over the polish on your ring fingers. Keep doing this until you have reached the level of glitteryness that you want to achieve.

Step Five
 After your nails are completely dry then paint over them using your favorite top coat. This ensures that your manicure will last longer and it smoothes edges if your glitter polish happens to be multi-dimentional.


Step Six
  After your nails are dry again, you can read or watch trashy tv while waiting for this to happen, clean up any slips you might have made with the brush. I use a paper towel corner and nail polish remover but you can find special clean up pen things at your local Walmart...I think.  Please don't leave nasty comments if you can't find them, cause that would hurt my feelings and would damage your karma and neither one of us wants that to happen do we?  No, didn't think so.

Step Seven-The Last Step
  The last step in getting awesome nails for New Year's is the moisturizing.  Take your favorite hand cream and place a teeny tiny dot in the middle of your cuticles. Then massage the cream into your cuticles so they are soft and look nice.

I hope this was helpful and that I didn't sound like a blathering idiot.  Happy New Year's everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great post lol. Happy Holidays ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I like your suggestion of watching trashy tv while waiting for my nails to dry. Very funny. Great post and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :-) makes mommy time a little more indulgent lol

      Delete