Friday, June 15, 2012

More Masks!

Hello my lovelies.  That's what I'm gonna call the people who read my blog and eventually watch my youtube videos. That's way better than a play on the blog name. What would I use for that...snarkipelagos? Because an archipelago is a group of islands and a snarkipelago would be a group of Snark readers?  I don't know...see this is why I'm calling you my lovelies.

Ok now that we got past that little moment of insane rambling I have two more masks for you. One is for wicked dry skin and I don't recommend it for people prone to oily skin at all and one for oily skin that I call the breakfast mask.

First off is the dry skin mask. This is very moisturizing and kind of oily which is why I don't recommend it for oily skin.

Ingredients:
Mayonaise
Honey
Vinegar

Take about a tablespoon of mayo and glop it in a bowl then drizzle some honey in there and about a teaspoon of vinegar.
Mix it all together. It should be just a bit thin.
Slather all over your face.
Let sit for 10-15 minutes
Wash off with lukewarm water then rinse face with cold water.


Now onto the "breakfast" mask for oily skin.  DO NOT EAT THIS...I'm talking to you Phil.

Ingredients:
Espresso
egg
honey
milk
cocoa powder-I recommend unsweetened but I didn't have any so I cheated and used a peppermint cocoa

Crack the egg in the bowl...yes the whole egg this time.
Drizzle in some honey and whisk that bad boy like there's no tomorrow.
Pour in just a tad of milk and whisk again.
Now at this point you may be tempted to stop the process and make yourself an omelette... Resist the urge lovelies!
Now dump in a bunch of espresso...you can use regular coffee but grind it up a bit first. Whisk again.
Now add a teaspoon or so of cocoa powder and whisk whisk whisk.

Now that your arm is tired from all that whisking,slather the mess onto your face and let it sit 10-15 minutes.
 While i wouldn't normally tell you to put a face mask right under your eye, if you have puffy under eye circles, put the mask on the puffiness.  Be careful though.
 This stuff is wicked messy and, while when I used my mom for a guinea pig it came off with a wash cloth and a paper towel, I had to take a cool shower when I was done because it dripped onto my neck and decolletage. Plus when I got out of the shower I had espresso in my eye, so watch out for that.

Once again thanks for reading and if you have any tips for home made face masks leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment